Search This Blog

Friday, June 22, 2007

The 3rd Week


Today is fast day, faestdag if you are an ancient Anglo-saxon.
So...I suppose this would be peace fasting day..hoooray! Frithfaestendag...hoooray!
(You may well wonder about the juxtaposition of Sweet's Anglo-Saxon Grammar and Gandhi and fasting. Suffice it to say that only glucose deprived brains may fully understand.)
Darn.
I hate fasting.
Along about 15:00 hours you begin to seriously decompose. Food, it seems, is the glue that holds the self together. Food is the soul of man.
There, I have been up for a couple hourts and already I am singing paeans to food.

The picture of Gandhi is there for IRONY.
The meaning is that I am not Gandhi.
I like that.
I like the sound of it.

I AM NOT GANDHI!
WHAT WOULD JESUS NOT DO?
I AM NOT THE CALIPH OMAR!
I AM NOT LINCOLN!
I AM NOT KAIZER SOUZE!
It sounds wonderful. It reaffirms what schlemiels we all are for letting this Administration run rough shod over just about everything.

No comments: